August 13, 2005

 

Where Has the Summer Gone?

I can't believe that summer is nearly over! The past six weeks have been fun but incredibly busy. We spent the first two weeks of July on vacation. We started with a week in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I love the Smokey Mountains. Here's a picture of my husband, Jerry, and me in the national park at a pull-off:


We pulled over at another spot and went wading in a stream:


On another day, we went horseback riding through the mountains. Here's a view from my horse:


After our time in Gatlinburg was finished, we visited family in Kentucky and Michigan for a few days each and then headed home to Boston. Another favorite place is the Niagara Falls, which is conveniently located at the half-way point between Michigan and Boston:


After we returned home, we began a search for a dog for my son. He has been obsessed with Dachshunds for years and after visiting several breeders, we made our selection, a miniature wirehaired. His name is Oscar and he was eight weeks old when we picked him up:


He's very active, as most puppies are, but there are moments of rest for the weary:


And then he looks at me with his sweet face and I don't mind all of the work:


Now the children are at sleep-over camps in Maine for the week and we have an opportunity to regroup and organize our lives and I'll be able to get back to one of my favorite hobbies: knitting.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?