December 29, 2005

 

Vacation Knitting

For the last week of the year, I am vacationing with my family. We're staying in an apartment on the beach in Palm Coast, just south of St. Augustine, Florida. It's beautiful here with a lovely ocean view from the living room. I can lounge on a couch with a good movie on TV and knitting in my hands and look up to see this:




Walks on the beach clear the mind and the wonderfully hot jacuzzi tub is so relaxing. Just being here is very relaxing for everyone, as evidenced by the puppy, who came with us on this trip. How can he sleep like that?




I had my special, vacation knitting project picked out in October and I've been waiting, waiting, waiting to start it. The project is for me, a sweater from Vermont Fiber Designs:


I selected two yarns to combine for this project, Manos del Uruguay #63, Heliotrope (a bluish purple), and Classic Elite La Gran #6593, Electric Blue.


I'm using Addi Turbos in size US #10.5. I decided to knit this sweater in the round and because of the large gauge, the project is moving along pretty quickly. After a couple of days, I've gotten through a few inches of the body of the sweater. The color variations in the Manos show through the mohair really nicely.


Comments:
I really like a lot of the Vermont Fiber Designs. And that sweater will be so nice and warm. Yum! The colors you chose are great. I'm sure you will fly through this one. Enjoy your trip!
 
I've been eyeballing that pattern, too! I love hte VFD Patterns and the color choice is fabulous!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?