September 26, 2005

 

Time Out for a Baby Sweater

I was in England last week for business. Since the Crayon Box Jacket is not a portable project and I have a friend who's having her second child after a 17-year hiatus (yikes!), I decided to start a baby sweater for her shower next week. I found a free pattern for a simple, garter stitch cardigan on knitting.about.com and picked some Lion Brand Wool-Ease yarn, Red Sprinkles (86% acrylic, 10% wool, 4% nylon). I like using acrylic-based yarns for every-day baby items because they are so easy to care for, especially for moms that aren't into the hand washing scene.

I was able to nearly complete the sweater while I was travelling, and just have the sleeve bands left. I used Addi Turbo needles, size US #5 and 6 for this project. I haven't had a chance to photograph my progress but I like the look so far. Pics to come...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?