January 15, 2005

 

Holiday Happenings: Socks

I had a wonderful time over the holidays, spending time with family in Florida and knitting (of course!). This year I made three pairs of socks for family members. They were made with two strands of Lion Brand Wool-Ease yarn (80% acrylic, 20% wool) and knitted in the round with two circular needles, US #7. These are nice and bulky socks, perfect for in boots or knocking around the house. I measured each of the recipients and made a custom pattern for each. Here's my husband modeling his socks.


My son felt left out and asked me to make a pair of socks for him. He wants red socks with green money signs on the sides. I thought I was done with knitting socks for a while. I guess not :)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?