December 29, 2005

 

More Mittens

My son hates to be left out of anything. So, after watching me knit the mittens for my daughter, he asked if I would knit him some, too. Of course, he had very exacting requirements for the yarn. Not too fuzzy. Soft. Good color (whatever that means). How do you shop for yarn that way? You make the intended recipient come with you and pick it out themselves. That's exactly what I did. After looking at and touching everything, Andrew picked Classic Elite Wings (55% alpaca/23% silk/22% wool) in black. Very soft, luxurious yarn. Although it isn't the classic, durable type of yarn typically knit into mittens, how could I resist that cute face pouting at me? The look of joy on his face when he unwrapped them Christmas morning was priceless. I knit these mittens using two strands held together and Addi Turbo needles in size US #4. The resulting fabric is soft and smooth and not too dense. After working with this yarn, I'd like to use it again.


The pattern is from Ann Budd's book The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns: Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes and Gauges.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?