December 04, 2005

 

Back Online...

I'm very glad to say that I'm back online with the acquisition of a new digital camera! So, what have I been up to in the past couple of months? Let's see. I took a class on how to knit Judy Pascale's Beaded Shapely Shawlette. It is a fun pattern to try because rather than stringing all the beads in advance, you run each stitch requiring a bead through the bead using a crochet hook. I made the larger size using size US#10 needles, Cherry Tree Hill's Super Sock yarn in the colorway Pastels and magenta glass beads. Nothing pastel about the colors but I liked them. I finished the shawl in just a couple of weeks and really like how it turned out.

I felt guilty about the Garter Ridge Shapely Shawlette that had become a UFO and so finished that at the same time.

So, I decided to block the two shawlettes along with the Spiral Petal Shawl. I now have three FOs!

My Crayon Box Jacket parts are completed. I decided to line it but the shop was out of silk lining fabric and I'm waiting for my special order to arrive. In the mean time, I'm thinking about how I want to trim the edges.

I also picked up another UFO from my basket. It's the Classic Male Cardigan from Sally Melville's Knit Stitch book. I'm using Cascade 220 yarn in an olive heather, 9459, and size US#4 and 4mm needles. I had the back, fronts and one sleeve completed and then set the project aside because of concern about how to get the sleeves the right length. Silly me. Of course, you just need to try it and see (not having another sweater with drop shoulders as a template). So, I knit the second sleeve and then realized that the rate of increase I used on the second sleeve was completely different than the first. To the frog pond to rip it, rip it. I've finished the second sleeve now and need to knit the saddles and assemble the sweater. The end is in sight!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?