October 20, 2005

 

Where Have I Been?

I'm sorry to say that my digital camera isn't working. Since I think photos are the fun part of blogs, I haven't posted in several weeks. I've received some messages asking what I've been working on, so I thought I'd post photo-less progress reports until I get the camera repaired.

I have been completely obsessing over my Crayon Box Jacket. I now have the entire body of the jacket complete and am knitting the gussets today. I am still considering what I want to do with the bands. The pattern calls for garter bands and the jackets I've seen use either a base yarn or a variety of base & special yarns in a striping pattern. I keep picturing a jacket more than a sweater and want a more tailored look to the edging - something like i-cord. I'll have to keep mulling over this and maybe I can solicit some advice. I also think I want to line the jacket so it hangs more smoothly. Just when you think you're close to finishing...

Comments:
I can't wait to see your jacket, Mona. I can see why you're obsessed with it. It's beautiful. Chelle
 
I agree that yours would look nice with an i-cord but if you put a lining in, wouldn't it hang wonky? I am just wondering, because of all the different textures and weight of yarn if that would make it hang weird. I'm not sure because I'm not a sewing expert by any means. Chelle
 
Mona, thanks for the comment you left on my blog. I couldn't find an email address for you, so I'm leaving a comment. Thanks again. I do love the cardigan. Please update your blog as I'd love to hear more about the Crayon Box Jacket and its progress.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?