December 21, 2005

 

Mohair Mittens


I decided to knit my daughter a pair of mittens for Christmas. I've never made mittens before but had a mitten kit in my stash from Classic Elite with four skeins of La Gran Mohair (76.5% mohair/17.5% wool/6% nylon) and a pattern that calls for the yarn to be held doubled when knit. Very fuzzy, very warm. I knit the mittens using Addi Turbos size US #5 on the cuffs and Tahki Bamboo double points size US #7 on the hand section of the mittens. I cast on 28 stitches for the cuff and increased to 33 stitches for the hand. When I finished, there was over a skein of yarn left and so I knit a lace scarf to match -- 8 feet long! For the scarf, I cast on 9 stitches using Balene size US #35 needles. The pattern is k1, yO, k2tog. Pretty!

Comments:
Very pretty set and with the mohair, I bet ever so warm and soft.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?