August 21, 2005

 

Progress, Amazing!

In spite of my earlier whining about being too busy this summer to do much knitting, I have made some progress on two of my WIPs (works in progress). The sun was out this afternoon and I took advantage of the light to take photos of my Silk Waves Poncho:

and my entrelac sweater:

Are you noticing the similarity in colorways? It suddenly hit me as I looked at the two pictures that they have similar color palettes. Not surprising since my favorite colors are purple, blue and pink.

The poncho is made from two identical rectangles and the first one is nearly complete. I want to make the poncho as large as possible with the yarn from the kit. So, I'm going to finish this next repeat, place the live stitches onto a spare needle and knit the second rectangle. Then, if I have yarn available, I can add repeats until it's gone.

The back of the entrelac sweater is nearly complete, too. I just have a few more bands to go and then it's on to the front. It's nice to see progress!



Comments:
Hi Mona,

Your entrelac is coming out beautiful! And so is the poncho. Just stopped in to read you're blog and see the pictures of the puppy. Very cute. Paula sent me the link. Stop by and see me at the store sometime and if I don't see you there I will see you at next spinning group meeting. :) Oh I ended up ripping my Mermaid Jacket and starting again. That's what I get for not swatching.
Vicki
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?