June 30, 2005

 

Silk Waves Poncho, part 2

OK, so I couldn't stand it a moment longer. Although I promised myself I would wait to start this project until we left for vacation, it kept calling me and I gave in. I justified it to myself in two ways. First, I finished the spiral petal shawl and so a new project is reasonable. Second, I had to go on a business trip and it's fun to start something new while I'm away from home. Here's the progress I made on the poncho:


The business trip was actually wonderful. It was held in Stowe, Vermont, at the Trapp Family Lodge. What a beautiful area of the country and a terrific place to stay. The mountains are very green and tree-covered. Stowe is a small town, population 2500, and very picturesque. Of course, it helped that we were able to stay at the Trapp Family Lodge... (Lodge pics from their website)




Here's the view from my room (jiggling my camera phone):



Of course, no trip to the Stowe area is complete without a stop at the Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory for a tour and a scoop. My trip was complete :)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?