June 16, 2005

 

Shapely Shawlette, part two

I love the yarn, I love the pattern but I hate the finished product! The shawl feels like it has endlessly long wings at each side. After completing the shawl pattern as written, I decided that I wanted a little more coverage. The written instructions indicated that one or two additional pattern repeats could be added to the basic shawl. After one additional repeat, here's what I've got:


The wings on each side extend past by finger tips and gradually end in a point. Even though the shawl hasn't been blocked yet, this is not the look I wanted. So, I now need to frog the last repeat and figure out what to do next. I was offered two suggestions when I brought the project to my LYS, either add a few more garter ridges in lieu of the addition pattern repeat or keep the last pattern repeat but do not increase at the ends. I think I'm going to try the additional garter ridges and see what I think. If I'd have know the this was the result, I probably would have modified the pattern from the beginning, adding one more garter ridge to each repeat. I hate fussing with things to make them work...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?