June 08, 2005

 

Spiral Petal Shawl, part 4

Now, this is better! After recovering from my false start with a bad choice of yarn (see previous post), I returned to the yarn shop to find a different yarn for this pattern. My friend, Paula, helped me comb through all my options to find just what I had in mind, a mohair-like yarn that produces a lighter-weight and more delicate looking fabric. Rather than working with the chunky weight mohair that the pattern calls for, I decided to use two strands of a lace-weight mohair. It's called Douceur et Soie in color Velvet Rose by Knit One, Crochet Too. The yarn is 70% baby mohair and 30% silk. I'm using Crystal Palace bamboo circular needles in size 6.5mm (US #10.5). Here's my progress so far:


Speaking of Crystal Palace bamboo knitting needles, I love these needles. The wood is smooth and soft feeling in my hands. I like to use bamboo when I knit lace fabric because the needles aren't as slippery. Crystal Palace has photographs of the manufacturing process for these needles on their website. Really interesting!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?