May 07, 2005

 

Shapely Shawlette, part one

I spent the week of spring school vacation with my family in Williamsburg, Virginia. What a wonderfully historic and picturesque area of the country! While there, I visited Knitting Sisters shop in Williamsburg. I cannot compliment the shop staff enough; they were so pleasant and helpful! I wasn't shopping for anything in particular but was hoping to find something pretty to make as a keepsake memory of our time in Williamsburg. I had purchased a copy of Judy Pascale's Shapely Shawlette a couple of weeks earlier and sure enough, a yarn in the shop "spoke" to me. It is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport (100% superwash wool) in the colorway #42, Cool.


Since I knit loosely, I dropped down one size from that recommended in the pattern and am knitting the shawlette on an Addi Turbo circular needle in size US#8. I've gotten through the first garter ridge.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?