June 02, 2005

 

Spiral Petal Shawl, part 3

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! I hate it! After admiring the progress of my shawl through the first 50 or so rows, I began to be concerned about the broad stripes of color that were being created with the variegated Fusion yarn. The yarn changes colors abruptly and although the main color seems to predominate in the skein, it doesn't appear that way in the finished garment. I knit through all the color changes in an attempt to keep a positive attitude but just can't continue. I've decided that this is not at all the look I had in mind for this shawl.


In addition to the abrupt color changes, the fabric is turning out to be thick and blanket like. I really don't want to walk around with a blanket around my shoulders. It's time to visit the frog pond to rip it, rip it out and return to the yarn shop to exchange the unused skeins for something new.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?