January 09, 2006

 

Crayon Box Jacket Progress

During the time I was without a digital camera, I made significant progress on my Crayon Box Jacket. In fact, I finished all of the knitting with the exception of the borders. I took a moment today to photograph all the new parts. The next step will be to sew them all together.

Here's a sleeve gusset of which there are two:


I knit the gussets using Manos del Uruguay. If you are unfamiliar with the construction of the CBJ, you may ask how this gusset design works. Here's a photo of one of the sleeves next to its gusset. These edges are sewn together and then the same thing is done with the other side of the sleeve to create the typical tube-shaped sleeve.


I also completed the back of my jacket:


And the two fronts:


I've decided to line the jacket and purchased a light-weight silk charmeuse fabric for that. The expert at the fabric store recommended hanging the jacket for several days to get it to stretch some and then making the lining to fit. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that one.

Comments:
Mona, I think that's the classiest CBJ I've ever seen! And your hubbie's sweater looks very handsome on him!
 
Your jacket is beautiful! Your color choices are perfect! What yarns did you use...if you don't mind sharing....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?