October 14, 2006

 

A Working CSM

There was a crank-in in Marblehead today and I made it my goal to get all of the knitter parts from my sock machine cleaned. It was my thought that I could put it together in the company of other sock machine enthusiasts while learning more from watching others knit. With the help of a few friends, I not only put the machine together, I knit my first tube! Very exciting! On to ribbing next.











But first I should share some of my work this morning. Here are before, during and after pictures of the cam shell. You can see that although the grease and dirt were effectively removed with the Dawn dishwashing detergent and a paint stripper brush, there is still a significant amount of build up on the outside of the cam shell. Using a paste made of Bar Keepers Friend and water, I used an old tooth brush to scrub all of the nooks and crannies. For the larger smooth areas, I used the same paste with a cleaning pad cut to a manageable size. There were some areas of significant rust that required several applications of Naval Jelly to dissolve the rust. The end result, though, is beautiful.
















Comments:
Fine way of explaining, and good paragraph to take information concerning my
presentation topic, which i am going to present in university.



Visit my blog post :: download 7Zip
 
When I originally commented I clicked the
"Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a
comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way
you can remove me from that service? Many
thanks!

My web site ... permanent hair straightening
 
I all the time used to read paragraph in news papers but now as I am
a user of web thus from now I am using net for articles or reviews, thanks to web.



Check out my site :: psn code generator
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?