March 14, 2006

 

FLAK Update

I am making regular progress on my FLAK sweater. I now have the front and back completed and have started the first sleeve.

I continue to learn new techniques as I work through this knit along. I decided to add a horseshoe cable and twist on each side of the center braid in the sleeve. The sleeves are knit from the top down and you pick up stitches along the side of the front and back and knit down to the cuff. Since the stitch gauge of the moss stitch filler is different than the gauge across the horseshoe cable and twist, I computed different stitch pick up rate for the two sections of the sleeve. Surprisingly enough, it looks like I figured it out correctly and there is no puckering along the pickup line. Now, hopefully I'll compute the rate of decrease for the sleeves correctly!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?