December 04, 2004

 

Jackie Fee's Sweater Workshop, second post

I spent a few more hours on the sampler exercise today. I've now added a cardigan band, a sweatshirt pocket, several different methods of paired increases and decreases, and stripes of various patterns. One issue that Jackie doesn't address in her book is that the stripes don't align well when you knit in the round. I'm sure that there must be a trick to making the stripes align better and if I ever knit a striped sweater in the round, I'll have to learn it. Next is a fairisle exercise, of which I've finished one row. This is the most interesting of all so far as I'm learning how to hold one color in my left hand and the other in my right. The tensions aren't the same for the two hands but I can see that with practice, this could be a very fast technique. I'm glad I've taken the time to do this exercise.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?