November 29, 2004

 

Jackie Fee's Sweater Workshop

I joined an online Knit Along for the sampler exercise in Jackie Fee's Sweater Workshop. This is a very interesting book as it describes how to knit sweaters with no seams with any gauge yarn. I have enough Colinette Point 5 yarn in the Blue Parrot colorway to make a sweater but with the large gauge of the yarn, I haven't found a suitable pattern to make a sweatshirt style sweater for it. I think the technique described in Jackie's book will work perfectly.

The sampler exercise teaches you a variety of techniques that you later use to design your sweater. I started the sampler the day after Thanksgiving after deciding to make it a lazy day. I decided to make the sample using Cascade 220 yarn. I cast on 72 stitches on size US #6 Addi Turbo needles and started knitting away. The first step is garter stitch in the round, followed by stockinette (with a detour lesson on joining new yarn), K1 P1 rib, K1 P1 twisted rib, K2 P2 rib, changing colors in rib and then a cardigan band. Whew! I can't believe I did all of this in one day!



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?